(Updated: 1 January 2023)
Shark Channel is a trusted online platform that digitally and confidentially connects Founders (startups and ventures) and Investors (Private Equity, Venture Capital Funds, Corporate Ventures, Business Angels, Incubators, Growth Accelerators. etc.) to explore and execute cooperation of any kind, participations, corporate financial transactions, etc.
In furtherance of the platform’s objectives and for the benefit of each of its members, Shark Channel has established a Code of Conduct. Shark Channel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to enforce the Code of Conduct.
Activities and behaviours rewarded and supported
Below we detail a subset of activities and behaviours that the Shark Channel platform rewards and supports:
- Members who consistently respond quickly to one another
- Members who respond professionally to one another
- Members who consistently engage diligently and in good faith with one another
- Members who provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information on Startup Deal Opportunities, including multiple years of financial history and credible forward projections
- Members who provide specific fact-based information supporting their various transaction criteria, ideally derived from historical operating or transaction experience, or thoughtfully developed perspectives
- Members who continuously aspire to cultivate the expertise, resources, and resolve to close lower middle market financial transactions
Activities and behaviours that can get you banned or suspended
Activities that can get you banned or suspended from the platform, and that will result in other members reporting or rating you negatively:
- Inappropriately mischaracterizing or providing false company, financial, or personal information
- Lying about or inappropriately mischaracterizing your relationship to a startup deal opportunity, a management team, or related
- Publishing miscategorized deals in order to obtain unwarranted reach or attention
- Sharing a deal with a counterparty without the proper authority or permission to do so
- Neglecting to adhere to any aspect of Shark Channel’s Terms of Service
- Any kind of fraudulent activity
- Abusive behavior of other members, including but not limited to racist or sexist behavior
- Overly-aggressive sales behavior that leads to repeated member complaints
- Harassing, abusing, or sending other un-welcomed communications to people (e.g., junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes)
- Unprofessional marketing strategies (e.g., writing in all-caps, using hyperbole in your deal descriptions, extraneous use of exclamation points)
Types of transactions and interactions supported
The Shark Channel platform currently supports the following types of transactions and transaction-related member interactions:
- Fundraising for startups and ventures
- Participations in startups and ventures
- Cooperation of any kind like (seeking/ providing) production capacity, distribution support, sales infrastructure, manpower, logistics, access to networks, business services, private services, space/ room, real estate, technology
- Corporate financial transactions (equity, mezzanine and debt financings)
- Co-investments/ Syndication
Violations of the Shark Channel Code of Conduct can be anonymously submitted to Shark Channel via the platform or via firstname.lastname@example.org for review by Shark Channel’s Business Operations team.
Violations may result in you and/or your entire organization receiving a warning or being permanently banned from the Shark Channel platform.
© 2023 Shark Channel GmbH. All rights reserved.